Monday, April 6, 2015

Neverending Winter Cookies

After a 23 month hiatus, Hungry in Halifax is back, dear readers! There will be an update and new project news coming soon, but in the meantime, my friend Jacqueline has shared this post for almond flour chocolate chip cookies--a recipe that can be made with little ones. I'll post an update when I make a batch myself.

Thanks, Jacqueline!

--

Life in Halifax this winter has had its challenges. It has been long, cold, snowy and icy. Being home on maternity leave, with two little ones, in the dead of winter is not always as much fun as it sounds. Not to mention our family is missing some special friends that moved away last year, that we love to cook and dine with. What else is there to do than take to the kitchen? 


So I’ve been trying out some new baking recipes with my daughter Clara. Most days we are going for healthy, butter-free, sugar-free and white-flour-free sweets. 
Here's a recipe we have been enjoying that I am so glad to share on this blog. I think I originally found it on a paleo-diet site, but I can’t remember where exactly. This recipe is easy, chewy and delicious – especially still warm from the oven. If you don’t feel like chocolate, try substituting something else for the chocolate chips, like dried cranberries or blueberries. Enjoy!

Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
Takes 30 minutes
Makes 2 dozen cookies

2 cups almond meal
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp baking soda
¼ cup coconut oil, softened
3 Tbsp maple syrup
2 tsp vanilla
½ cup dark chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.

Mix the dry ingredients together, add the wet, mix it all up, and fold in the chocolate chips. 


Roll them into flattened balls, and bake on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet for 8–9 minutes, until lightly browned at the edges. 

 
So easy, healthy and delicious!

Jacqueline

1 comment:

  1. Erotic Services in Edmonton Largest online collection of adult provider classefieds and client reviews.

    ReplyDelete